welcome all; today is Memory of the first parking meter, which was installed in Oklahoma City in 1935. I, Sylvia, your host at the Long Beach Daily—returned to your inbox with all the most important things happening in the city. Keep scrolling for the scoop…
an act Teacher at Longfellow Primary School fatal strike Long Beach Playhouse volunteer with a car? also, There was a stabbing. Finally, there is a file Dominguez channel stench update!
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 83 Low: 67.
you know: Long Beach Cooling Centers are open daily from noon to 6 p.m., and you can find them at Houghton, McBride, and Admiral Kidd Community Centers as well as Senior Center and El Dorado Park West.
🚗 Three of the cheapest gas stations in Long Beach 🚗
- Arco in 4385 Atlantic Ave.$5.48
- Del Amo Petroleum Company in 4990 Long Beach Blvd.$5.49
- Arco in 6001 Long Beach Blvd.$5.59
🏡 Looking for more leading properties in Long Beach? Let us help you reach potential homebuyers and stand out from the competition. Click here to find out more.
💧 Water Crisis Survey! 💧
Residents are restricted to watering their landscape two days a week, before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m. What else should the city do to deal with the water crisis? Tell me your thoughts if you please! Until now, 17.3% Want to delegate drought-resistant landscaping, 19.2% Want to recycle wastewater for irrigation, else 42.3% They want to build a desalination plant on the coast, and 21.2% Don’t think that residential water use is contributing to the water crisis.
Here are the top five decks today at Long Beach:
- a 55-year-old Longfellow Primary School teacher has been arrested Wednesday “day Suspected manslaughter of vehicles with gross negligence. “They allegedly hit a 78-year-old woman who was walking down the pedestrian 4th Street in Belmont Heights around 10 pm On July 6, 2021“Victim” is a long-time writer and volunteer at the Long Beach Playhouse. The teacher was released on a $50,000 bond. (LB Post)
- On Friday, at about 2:30 a.m., it was LBPD was summoned1200 block from 4 E . Street regarding a stabbing incident. “According to the victim, they were on the street and”Approached by an unknown suspect. That’s when the appeal took place. (LBPD)
- do you remember Dominguez channel last year stinky? In December, we learned that Authorities have narrowed down the source of the stench to a warehouse. And officials announced Thursday, “A The proposed $17 million fine. It must be approved at the October 12 meeting. In the meantime, the warehouse owner ‘strongly’ objects to ‘any suggestion’ of liability. (Patch, Spectrum News 1)
- there New restaurant on Ocean Boulevard and Pine Avenue! Solita Taco & Margaritas He opened the third restaurant serving “Baja-style, Mexican food, homemade sauces and handcrafted margaritas”. Management notes that “nothing beats the warm flavor of wood-fired foods and good friends – and that Good queso nourishes the soulAmen to that (Patch)
- Mark your calendars! The Long Beach Jazz Festival returns to Rainbow Lagoon Park! It’s been two years, but this is the year the party is back From 12 to 14 August. To celebrate, the ceremony is expected to be a star-studded event, with Grammy Award winners Robert Glaspier and Lidisi. The Williams Jazz Association also offers vocals. (passage width)
Today in Long Beach:
- MOWLB Car Show Fundraiser In the LBPOA Park (9 AM)
- Pet adoption and craft fair At the Long Beach Town Center (10 a.m.)
- Sea Change Festival in (the noon)
- Host Passion Over Paint paint in the garden At 130 Cherry Ave at the Concert Dome (noon)
- Long Beach 80s Arcade Pub Crawl check in (4:30 pm)
From my notebook:
- our Cal . Heights A neighbor reported that a young man was circling the neighborhood aboard a type of two-wheeled Robo, claiming that he was sent to Our tap water tested for chemicals, then asked if we had received a notification from the water department. (next chapter)
- a Belmont Shore Northeastrecommend neighbor Mediterranean gypsy on the pier. Fresh and delicious every time. (next chapter)
- a neighbor in Al-Dhafiriya Historic Village – Sir I found the area and ID handed over to Big 5 Beside Traffic Circle. (next chapter)
- our Amitos Beach recommend neighbor Sideburns at Bar Stash For the best burger. (next chapter)
- Worry Plaza The parent inquires if anyone who brings the shark has been tested bullying issues. (next chapter)
More Sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following up and staying informed. See you around!
– Sylvia Cochran
ABOUT ME: Sylvia Cochran works in sunny Southern California and has been writing full time since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, and books, plays Best Demons (Don’t Judge), embraces social justice, and tries to live the Micah 6:8 life.