Sandwiches are no longer just a lunchtime monotony. We scoured the valley looking for sandwiches that could carry themselves – day or night.
1. Ala Parmigiana, Cebu
Cibo is the best Known for their handmade pizza (for good reason), but the eggplant parmesan sandwich on saltimbocca bread is what keeps us coming back.
2. Buffalo chicken, worth a takeaway
workers in this A great sandwich shop will tell you that a crispy chicken sandwich is what keeps them in business, but Jessica respectfully insists that it’s the buffalo chicken—topped with chunks of blue cheese and celery and carrot salad—that deserves the highest recognition.
3. Shredded Cheese, Ota Bronx
This is traditional The New York sandwich comes loaded with a spiced hamburger and topped with a melted mixture of American cheese, provolone, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.
- You can find them at Peoria or Central Phoenix locations.
- Jessica’s advice: Get it “spicy” with a little spicy mayonnaise on top.
4. Media Noch, Cuban Food Bakery & Restaurant
this sandwich It contains all the ingredients of traditional Cuban – roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard – but served on sweet egg bread instead of traditional Cuban bread.
- Get it for lunch or dinner at West Phoenix Restaurant & Bakery.
- Jessica’s advice: The sandwich comes with delicious French fries, but get a side order of yuca con mojo – a traditional Cuban dish of warm spiced yucca root drizzled with garlic sauce.
5. Norteña, Los Reyes de la Torta
This tortilla comes! Jam With Thin Slices Of Steak Mixed With Caramelized Onion And Jalapeno, Topped With Melted Mozzarella Cheese, Tomato, Avocado And Chipotle Sauce.
- Get it at North Phoenix or Tempe locations.
- Jessica’s advice: Slip on the hot sauce that comes on the side.
6. Salmon BLT, Four Peaks Brewing Co.
This is suspicious Eat classic American lettuce, tomatoes, pepper jack cheese, and black salmon on homemade Noble Multigrain Bread with pesto-mayonnaise dressing.
7. Walleye Sandwich, Jersey D’s Tavern and Grill
This is a little baked Canadian Walleye, served with tangy tartar sauce on a French loaf, is the perfect sandwich for Midwesters who crave the classic fish fry.
- Get it at the Chandler strip-mall sports bar only on Fridays.
- Jessica’s disclaimer: Jersey D is owned by Jessica’s father’s friend (a fellow Midwest expat) and her family pressed hard to get a good fish sandwich on Friday. Jersey D did not disappoint!