Waterloo, WI – A celebration of Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese 20The tenth Anniversary, Crave Brothers announces six winners, including three consumers and three professionals, for 20The tenth 2022 Anniversary Recipe Contest.
Chefs and food professionals are invited to submit their favorite original recipes in any of the following three categories: appetizers/side dish (including salads) main entrees and/or desserts. They were required to use any one or more of the Crave Brothers Farmstead cheeses including fresh mozzarella, mascarpone, mascarpone chocolate, Farmers Rob String cheese, Oaxaca, and/or cheddar cheese.
“Cheese is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many ways, and we don’t know a better way to celebrate 20The tenth says Debbie Craif, vice president. “It was hard to judge so many delicious entries. We always love new recipe ideas using our cheeses.”
Recipes were judged by a professional panel using a standard of creativity, presentation, flavor and innovative use of Crave Brothers cheese. The winners are:
- Café Mocha Bread Pudding Cheesecake With Spicy Mocha Sauce And Mixed Berries, Chocolate Mascarpone From Mary McShack From Alabama – (Dessert)
- Caprese-inspired shrimp gnocchi, featuring mascarpone and fresh mozzarella from Donna Marie Ryan of Massachusetts – (Main Entree)
- Gluten-Free Curd with Spiced Honey Mascarpone, Featuring Cheddar Curd and Mascarpone from Chera Little Texas – (Appetizer)
- Cheesecake Cannoli, featuring Mascarpone Dustin Barman of Wisconsin (D• Bar Bakery) – (dessert)
- CRAVEable Corn Dip, Featuring Oaxaca, Farmers Rope, and Fresh Mozzarella from Sarah Mittelstadt of Wisconsin (Farm Table Institution) – (Appetizers)
- Dry Ground Pork Tenderloin with Crave’s Appealing Peanut Butter and Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce, featuring Natalie E. Hermann’s Chocolate Mascarpone of South Carolina (NEH Media LLC) – (Main Entry)
The recipes will be posted on the Crave Brothers website for cheese lovers to try at home. For more information on Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese or to purchase their cheeses, visit www.cravecheese.com. About Crave Brothers
Award-winning Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese LLC produces fresh mozzarella, mascarpone, Oaxaca, Farmers Rob String cheese, and fresh cheddar cheese. Celebrating 20 years in the cheesemaking business in 2022, the Crave family has 2,500 acres of productive land in south-central Wisconsin, growing soybeans, corn and alfalfa for use as nutritious feed for Holstein cows. From a biodegrader to water recovery and recycling, sustainability is a priority for both the farm and the cheese factory. Crave Brothers Farm LLC and Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese LLC both use 100% green energy and are carbon negative businesses.