With summer and the holidays approaching, families can start planning upcoming fairs and festivals throughout West Virginia. The diversity of fairs and festivals is sure to entertain everyone and be great family fun.
First, take a look at the upcoming events for July. Festivalguidesandreviews.com has provided the following calendar of events:
• Wednesday 13 July – Saturday 16 July: Durbin Days Heritage Festival in Durbin
• Friday, July 15 – Saturday, July 16: Chapmanville’s 75th Anniversary Celebration in Chapmanville
• Friday, July 15 – Sunday, July 17: Bike Bash W.Va (formerly Dirt Rag Dirt Fest) in Bruceton Mills
• Saturday 16 July: Ephraim Bee Festival at West Union
• Saturday 16 July – Sunday 17 July: Springfield Valley Corn Festival in Springfield
• Thursday, July 21 – Sunday, July 24: River Festival in Nitro
Saturday 23 July: Beverly Heritage Days in Beverly
• Saturday 23 July: Wheeling Wine Festival at Wheeling
• Sunday 24 July: St. Joseph’s Labor Party at Wurton
• Wednesday 27 July – Saturday 30 July: Wheeling Greek Festival
• Friday 29 July – Sunday 30 July: W State Water Festival in Hinton
• Friday 29th July – Saturday 30th July: Springs Tour in Sweet Springs
• Friday 29 July – Saturday 30 July: Williamsburg Community Fair in Williamsburg
• Friday 29 July – Sunday 31 July: W Fa Local Harvest Festival in Aiglon
• Friday 29 July – Sunday 31 July: Italian Heritage Festival in the Upper Ohio Valley in Wheeling
• Saturday 30 July: Huntington’s West Virginia Hot Dog Festival
Saturday 30 July: Augusta Festival in Elkins
• Sunday 31 July – Saturday 6 August: Cherry River Festival in Richwood
Held from Wednesday 13th July until Saturday 16th July, the Durbin Days Heritage Festival is scheduled to feature carnival, food, crafts, parades, car show, fireworks, music and more! You can follow the festival on their Facebook page Durbin Days Heritage Festival for all the details and updated information.
Chapmanville’s 75th Anniversary Celebration will begin with a parade on Friday at 6 p.m. after the parade continues until 11 p.m. and on Saturday, festivities continue from 11 a.m. until 11 pm
Bike Bash W.Va is located at the Big Bear Lake Trail Center in Bruceton Mills, Virginia. Come celebrate mountain biking at Wild Wonderful West Virginia! Your registration gives you three nights of camping, access to venue area facilities (water, showers, toilets, hand washing, etc.) and trail access. We’ll also be running an expo showcasing the latest and greatest bike and skill clinics, group rides, live entertainment and kids’ activities, according to bikebigbearwv.com. Log in to the site for full details, event list and registration.
The official webpage, ephraimbeefestival.com states: “On July 16, 2022, at Dudridge County Park, the Dudridge County Chamber of Commerce will host a festival in honor of one of Dudridge County’s most prominent figures, Ephraim Bee.” Make sure to visit to stay up to date on all the happenings.
Beverly Heritage Days will take place Saturday, July 23 starting at 10 a.m. with a historic parade. Other activities will include camps, activities, kids’ activities, games, live history, music, presentations, Civil War mystery event, scavenger hunt, pork meal, pancake sale and social sundae. For full details, visit beverlyheritagecenter.org.
The Grecian Fest in Wheeling will boast many activities and entertainment. There will be Sanctuary Church Tours, a youth tent complete with lemonade and Baklava Sundaes. A variety of Greek dishes and drinks will be available, including the Greek Frappé alongside Baklava Cheesecake or Ladopsomo, a fried Greek bread sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Greek festival dancers and music tent will wrap up the entertainment daily with opening hours from 6pm to 10pm and Grecianfest.com can provide more details about Greek food and culture at Grecian Fest.
The eighth annual W FIA Hot Dog Festival takes place on Saturday, July 30. The Fashion Contest and Pooch Parade, the popular afternoon dog races of all breeds, along with exceptional vendors and sponsors, arts and crafts, and dozens of the best hot dog companies in one place for the day,” wvhotdogfestival.com. Visit the site to download a flyer and listing full events.
The Augusta Festival and Block Party will host artisans from around the area in Elkins City Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. They will set up booths with hands-free workshops and interactive displays of traditional arts and crafts. The event will feature the West Virginia Open Fiddle and Banjo, and will conclude the afternoon jamming and community singing. In the evening, attendees can head across the street to the outdoor party featuring great music from Augusta musicians and street dancing. Be sure to visit the website for details about the festival as well as the many other events and workshops hosted throughout the year.
Finally, The Cherry River Festival will host a craft show, Pretty Baby competition, 5k Walk, 5k Run, 10k Run and Grand Parade. For full details, registration and updates, please visit cherryriverfestival.org.