“The goal has always been to play the market and the restaurant with each other.”
The seasons change, and we are all aware of that, and so do other things like our hairstyles or wardrobe choices. Oftentimes, perhaps daily, our food cravings and cravings turn into something different than they were the day before.
Fortunately, our local restaurants catch your eye – they change their menus with the fluctuations of the tides in your stomach. for example, Run Flora Marketwhich is just over its first year near the corner of Sixth Street and Tucson Boulevard, has an all-new menu they’re proud to share with the community.
“What excites me the most about this list is that I finally feel like we have one working at this location,” he said. Nate Arespartner at Flora’s Market Run, Preparation and pastriesAnd the Commoner & Co “The goal has always been for the market and restaurant to play each other and I feel this list does that.”
New additions to the list
At first glance, you will notice that there are some new sandwiches like Flora’s “Animal Style” Burger, This is their enhanced version of the popular In-N-Out burger. If you’re lucky, they’ll probably let you know what’s in the “secret sauce.”
There is, too Crispy fish sandwich This is the catch to get you hooked after the first bite. Between the two doughs are tempura-covered codfish, tomatoes, pickles, cabbage salad and mayonnaise with French fries.
People familiar with the pizza section of the menu may be surprised to find their favorites are missing, but the alternatives are tasty enough to help you move on – change is good. One of the new pizzas is actually one of Ares’ favorite toppings coming out of the kitchen.
“The Fermented tomato pizza and the mussels Ares said. “Mussels in corn broth with tarragon oil and French fries soaked in barley dust were the hardest hit. The fermented tomato pizza is my favourite. Fermented tomatoes give a funky pop of flavor that complements homemade sausage and lemon peel.”
There are a bunch of new noodle dishes too, like Romesco Shrimp Pasta Fettuccine with squid, romesco sauce, spinach, shrimp and garlic.
- Tomato and basil soup San Marzano tomatoes, cream, grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil
- Coconut – Fried coconut shrimp, cocktail sauce, pineapple sauce
- Spinach and artichoke sauce – Wood-fired creamy spinach, artichokes, truffle mascarpone, fresh herbs, olive oil
- chickpeas – Hummus, tabbouleh, arugula, feta cheese
- Home Made Charcuterie – Chef’s choice of meats, handcrafted cheeses, pickled grapes, berries, apricot mustard and toast
- mussels -Eyelet broth, roasted corn, chives oil, french fries topped with malt vinegar, garlic aioli.
- Margarita – Mozzarella, basil, red san marzano sauce, roasted garlic
- shaved brussels Parmigiano-Reggiano, Meyer Lemon Caesar Dressing, Mozzarella
- Italian pepperoni Mozzarella, ricotta, pepperoni, san marzano red sauce, garlic
- pineapple team – Pickled jalapeno, prosciutto, mozzarella, pineapple cooked on wood
- fermented tomatoes – Mozzarella, Sicilian sausage, kale, kalamata olives
- Grilled cheese – Havarti, provolone, garlic aioli, with tomato soup
- Flora “Animal Style” Burger – Secret Sauce, Caramelized Onion Pinot Noir, American Cheese, Pickles,
- Grilled salmon – Jasmine rice, quince glaze, crunchy quinoa, zucchini, bok choy, lemon puree blanc
- Crispy fish sandwich – Cod, tomatoes, pickles, coleslaw, mayonnaise, french fries
- chicken puree – Apricot couscous, mint, harissa sauce and tzatziki sauce
- Roast Beef Dip – Home roast beef, rosemary aioli, caramelized onions, roasted bell peppers, provolone
- Kale Tahina Salad Kale, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, sweet potato, tahini sauce, lemon
- minced market salad Kale, Romaine, Tomato, Cucumber, Artichoke, Red Onion, Asparagus, Hummus, Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese, Green Goddess Dressing.
- Boulder Bowl – Emir, Sonoran wheat berries, quinoa, roasted beets, roasted cauliflower with turmeric and carrots, dill, kale, arugula, pumpkin seeds, green goddess dressing
- corn carbonara – Parmesan, pancetta, corn broth, fettuccine, black pepper, cream
- Romesco Shrimp Pasta – Fettuccine with homemade squid ink, romesco sauce, spinach, shrimp, garlic
- Stuffed Ricotta Shells – marinara sauce, Sicilian sausage, parmesan, mozzarella
The breakfast and lunch menu is also equipped with new items
During the early hours of the day, more of the kitchen comes out too. Flora’s Market Run now offers new breakfast items as well, along with a lunch menu somewhat similar to dinner plates.
“My favorite is breakfast sandwichAres said. “Café Francaise baked bread, pimento cheese, bacon, sunny-side up eggs, and fried arugula. Also, really good and new is tucson potfilled with sour mole, sweet potatoes, cabbage, carnitas, and sun-kissed eggs. lemon ricotta pancakes, This is a classic buttermilk pancake recipe smothered with ricotta cheese, warm blueberry sauce and lemon zest. “
Breakfast is served 7-11am, lunch is 11am-4pm, and you can check out the full breakfast and lunch menu online.
Soon in Flora
The grocer will have a hot food line for ready-to-eat treats, and they’re working on re-introducing Flora’s popular salad bar.
Flora’s Market Run is located at 2513 E. Sixth St. For more information, visit florasmarket.com.