While ordering a plate of chicken wings at your favorite bar is definitely a special treat, you’ll be shocked to find out how easy it is to make a plate of chicken wings at home. Thanks to a very easy-to-use device, you can enjoy instant buffalo chicken wings at home with this easy recipe. The best part? You don’t need to fry these wings really well to get them crunchy! Between cooking those wings in the Instant Pot and doing a quick oven roast, you’ll have a delicious and delicious appetizer to enjoy with the crowd – or eat it all for dinner yourself!
Here’s how to make perfect chicken wings with an Instant Pot.
20 chicken wings
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup water
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
how to make it
Mix the spices together to make a rub for the chicken. With clean hands, rub the seasonings onto the chicken wings. Fill the Instant Pot with ½ cup of water, then add the substrate inside the Instant Pot. Put the chicken wings in the basket, then close the Instant Pot and close it. Cook on high pressure (manual, or pressure cook) for 10 minutes. Release the pressure immediately.
To make the buffalo sauce, melt the butter in a microwaveable bowl, then whisk it into the buffalo sauce. Set the oven to barbecue. Cover a baking tray with a piece of butter paper. When the chicken wings are done, dip them in the sauce and put them on the baking tray. Roast for 5 to 10 minutes, or until wings are tender and crispy. I found 10 minutes to be ideal, but it depends on how hot the broiler is.
Top tip: If the wings are too hot to touch, use tongs to remove the wings from the Instant Pot and place them in the saucepan.
Wings can get very crunchy as if they were fried in the oven. However, there is a great trick that can help you get the crunchy wings straight out of the oven!
When you get to the step where you have to grill the wings in the oven, don’t place the wings directly on the lined baking tray. Alternatively, place a cooling rack on top of a lined baking sheet, then add chicken wings to the rack. This way the bottoms will be nice and crunchy as well as the tops.
Whole Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Mix garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- With clean hands, rub the seasonings onto both sides of the chicken wings.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the Instant Pot, then place the substrate inside the Instant Pot.
- Add the seasoned wings to the rack, then close the Instant Pot with the lid.
- Cook on high pressure by hand (pressure cooker) for 10 minutes. Wait until the Instant Pot reaches pressure, then it cooks the amount of time you specify.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave. Once melted, whisk into buffalo sauce.
- When the counter rings, immediately release the pressure, then open the lid.
- Set the oven to barbecue.
- Lay the butter paper on the baking tray.
- Carefully remove the wings from the Instant Pot using tongs. Dip the wings in the buffalo sauce until completely covered, then place on the lined baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until crust is tender and crunchy.
- Served with blue cheese and celery.
Kiersten Hickman is a freelance health and nutrition journalist. Read more