Note from BCP: This recipe launches a new series of KopyKat Kosher Recipes, recipes inspired by restaurant experiences! We are sure that you will enjoy these new and interesting recipes that we will be posting every now and then. Here’s the first!
This Soho Salad has delicious spiced grilled chicken and lots of crunch.
On a recent trip with friends, my favorite dinner one night was this salad we shared. When I got home, I rushed to recreate it for Chabus. It was a nice change from the usual grilled chicken salad, and for those who love slaw, that’s a big upgrade too! I would be remiss if I didn’t say thank you to the best trip coordinator…you know who you are!
Start with a basic cole slaw for the bottom layer.
Mix the coleslaw dressing ingredients together with the cabbage.
Then add the grilled chicken strips…
Now let’s make our “chips”. Cut the roll into thin slices and roast it.
add to power,
with almonds. yum! ready to serve
If you have a short time, you can use store-bought Caesar to dressing store-bought ram and chips. Some good options include “Dip Dip Crackers” or The Rebbe’s Choice Whole Wheat Kichels.
- 1 bag of mixed coleslaw
- Half a cup of mayonnaise
- Half a cup of boiling water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- heaping cup of sugar
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- ½ cup very light olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme spice
- ½ teaspoon dry dill
- with a pinch of mustard
- Half teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 rolls (6 inch)
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Almond slices glazed with honey
- Prepare the chicken. Add the chicken strips and all the dressing ingredients to a bowl or ziplock bag and marinate for a few minutes. Heat a grill pan over a medium to high heat. Once heated through, add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Add more dressing to the pan while cooking. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside until ready to assemble the salad. Cut strips provided before assembly.
- Prepare the chips. Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay the butter paper on the baking tray. Cut the rolls into thin slices and place on a baking tray. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes. to calm down; They will continue to crisp on the hot tray.
- Cabbage preparation. Add the cabbage to a bowl or ziplock bag. Combine all dressing ingredients and toss with cabbage.
- Gather power. Top the ram with chicken, potato chips (add them close to serving so they don’t get wet), and almonds. Enjoy!
For exclusive content and a sneak peek behind the scenes, be sure to join our WhatsApp status here.