Long Beach, California –A vibrant restaurant serving Baja-style Mexican food, homemade sauces and handcrafted margaritas, it opened its third restaurant in Southland last week in Long Beach.
Inspired by the charro cooking of northern Mexico, Solita Tacos focuses on creative tacos, a wide selection of tequila and mezcal, and over 20 different homemade sauces daily.
The 318-seat restaurant is located on the corner of Pine Avenue and Ocean Boulevard, and also offers an outdoor patio.
“We are thrilled to expand the Solita family into such an active strip of beautiful Long Beach,” said Randy Sharp, CEO of Xperience Restaurant Group, the parent company of the restaurant with locations in Huntington Beach and Valencia.
The Department of Solita’s Sunburst reflects its homage to a centuries-old process of celebrating exquisite food and tequila craftsmanship, adding, “Nothing beats the warm flavor of wood-burning food and good friends – and this fine dish nourishes the soul.”
Among Solita’s specialties and handcrafted drinks are:
- Pork Belly Dorado Taco: Homemade smoked with spicy amarillo sauce, onions, cilantro and salad;
- Vampero Taco: Double tortilla with cheese, serrano peppers, spring onions, guacamole, chipotle sauce, Cotija cheese, fresca sauce and a choice of carne asada or grilled chicken;
- Grilled corn: wood-roasted sweet corn with chipotle sauce, crushed chile, cotija cheese, spring onions;
- Nachitos Perfecto: tortilla chips, black beans, red pepper sauce, cheese, jalapenos, guacamole, chipotle and sour cream;
- Rancheros Huevos: Served on brunch with tortillas, corn, beans, fried or scrambled eggs, ranchera sauce, cheese, avocado, cotija cheese, one side;
- watermelon margarita: Lunazul reposado, muddled watermelon, lemon juice, simple syrup;
- El VulcanChamocos blanco, lemon juice, ginger syrup, soda water, served tableside with crème de cassis.
On 1 Pine Ave. , Solita Long Beach hours include: Happy Hour 3pm-6pm Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays; Weekend Brunch Saturday and Sunday 9am – 3pm; and Tacos + Tequila Tuesdays – 3pm until closing on Tuesdays.
Follow the newly opened restaurant here on Facebook. List and information found here.
Parent company Xperience Restaurant Group also operates El Torito, El Torito Grill, Chevys Fresh Mex, SOL Mexican Cocina and Acapulco, according to management.