welcome all. You’re back in your inbox this morning with your new copy from Tampa Deli, fresh from the presses. today is National Ice Cream DayBe sure to enjoy a scoop in this hot weather. Come with us to get everything you need to know about what’s happening around town…
First, today’s weather:
A stray thunderstorm in the afternoon. High: 89 Low: 79.
🏡 Attention, Tampa real estate professionals! We now offer an exclusive sponsorship opportunity for an agent interested in attracting local customers and standing apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top five floors in Tampa today:
1. The Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough County has Issued a public health advisor for Davis Islands Beach because of High levels of bacteria. Swimming is not recommended, according to officials. The waters will be reassessed on Thursday. (Tampa Patch)
2. Hillsborough County Civics Teacher Tony Perrotta From Sumner High School selected for American Civics Teacher Award and he One of only three in the entire country. Perrotta is a graduate of the University of South Florida. Since 2007, he has led You Should Be Legal ProgramWhich Helps students draft and introduce new legislation. (Fox 13)
3. The Hillsborough Community College Foundation (HCC) announced Scholarship That will help support 10 nurses for New HCC Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. Ten nursing students will receive 1000 dollars each To help with tuition, books and other expenses. (Tampa Patch)
4. The Mothers for Freedom Summit In Tampa presented the Governor of Florida Ron DeSantis what you call itThe first ever Liberty Sword Award.Governor DeSantis discussed transgender children and “awakened” companies, including Disney, during his speech. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
5. New story in The Wall Street Journal Tampa says Rising prices “You have eroding some competitive advantage that helped appoint managers than elsewhere in the United States” and this led to higher salary expectations and some people returning to where they moved. Tampa saw The fastest growth in house prices in the United States In the year that ended in April in 35.8%According to S&P Dow Jones Indices. (Subscribe: The Wall Street Journal)
Today in Tampa:
- Soho Sunday flea market. (11 am)
- Tampa theater blood campaign. (11 am)
- 4th Annual Social Ice Cream In Killer Williams Realty Suburban Tampa. (11 am)
- Free ice cream from the Poppies Mochi ice cream truck. (12:30 pm)
- Chris Tucker At the Seminole Hard Rock Tampa Event Center. (7 m)
From my notebook:
- Tampa Announced a new team on Friday to be Focus on cracking down on illegal construction. It is called the Construction Activities Compliance Team in the Construction Services Division. (Fox 13)
- Yelp ranks the best ice cream spots in Florida. On the list were Ice Dreammm Store in Lutz, Love Plant Ice Cream in St. Petersburg and The Mint Fox Cookies and Ice Cream in Clearwater. (ABC Business News)
- Cold Stone Creamery in Valrico Offer free pancakes By purchasing Love it & Gotta Have It today to celebrate National Ice Cream Day. (Facebook)
- opening Tampa Bay Ice Cream Festival Happening today in St. Pete-Pierre. (WFLA)
More Sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
- Breast ultrasound examination comes directly to you! (July 20)
- Unused LED lights from a major public green initiative (July 20)
- Seminar on Taxes in Retirement (21 July)
- Seminar on Taxes in Retirement (26th July)
- Add your event
You are officially in the episode for today. See you around!
– Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hi, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in this field. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food blogs and articles.
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for your next Tampa daily? Contact me at [email protected]