- Company announcement date:
- FDA publication date:
- Product Type:
- Food and drinks
Ice cream / frozen dairy
- Reason for advertisement:
Call description of the reason
- The Company’s name:
- Royal Ice Cream Co., Inc.
- Brand Name:
Royal Ice Cream, Patch, Ronnie Brook, and others
- Product Description:
The Royal Ice Cream Company, Inc. In Manchester, CT is expanding its recall to all products manufactured at the facility during its expiration date, due to possible contamination. Listeria monocytogenesIt is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the frail or the elderly, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may only experience short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, Listeria The infection can cause miscarriage and stillbirth among pregnant women.
All affected products will have the manufacturing plant number “CT121” or “CT #121”.
The brands manufactured at Royal Ice Cream Company, Inc in Manchester, CT with the factory number above are:
- Brand batch pints, all flavors
- Royal brand ice cream half gallon, pints, cake, all specialties.
- Ronnie Brook Ice Cream All Flavors Pint & 3 Gallon
- New Orleans Ice Cream All Flavors 2.5 gallon pints and tubs
- Maple Valley Ice Cream with all the flavors scoops
- Art Cream All Pint Flavors
- Scoops Sweet Yogurt All Flavors
- Gelato Fiasco All Flavors Half Liter
- Big Eggs Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Monsoon Chip Watch Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Giffords ice cream sandwiches in all flavors
- Choy Lowe Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Snow Wish Ice Cream Sandwich
- Newport Creamery – Crazy Vanilla, Van & Shock, Vanilla & Coffee HG – Only
- Dough Wich- Conn. 4 oz Cookie Dough sandwich – Vanilla, Chocolate and French Vanilla
- Doris Italian Markets – Florida – spomoni wedge, half gallon spomoni, tartufo, cannoli, spomoni pie slices.
- Ice cream brand Highland Park Market in all sizes and flavors
- La Briola Italian Stores Spomone Ice Cream, 64 oz
Returns for all products that have expired.
The affected ice cream was distributed in retail stores in MA, CT, RI, VT, NY, LA, FL, TX, NH.
Products are packaged in pints, half-gallons, sandwiches, and portion control slices.
No diseases have been reported so far.
The recall started by Royal Ice Cream after FDA samples revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes on processing equipment. The company is holding on to future product and testing before releasing product distribution as the FDA and the company continue their investigations to find the cause of the problem.
Consumers who have purchased any affected products are encouraged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Customers with questions can call the company at 860-649-5358, Monday through Friday 7:30 to 5:00. EST.